Although Hocking Hills State Park closes at dusk, it is open 365 days of the year. A year-around park naturalist provides nature programs including Ohio Birds of Prey programs and hikes through Old Man's Cave.
Ash Cave is located in the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio and only a short drive from Oakwood Cabins. It is the closest region of the park from the cabins and is accessible all year around. This recess cave received its name from the mounds of charred ashes once found beneath the overhang from hundreds of years of use as a temporary shelter by both Native Americans and settlers.
GPS Tracking: 39.395993,-82.545927
Old Man's Cave
Old Man's Cave is located in the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio and only a short drive from Oakwood Cabins. Thousands of years of water flowing through the valley have cut away the Blackhand Sandstone and created this recess cave that visitors from across the world have traveled to see. From waterfalls and rugged cliff faces to unique bridges cut from stone and deep tunnels make Old Man's Cave a must-see when visiting the Hocking Hills.
GPS Tracking: 39.434668,-82.541571
Cedar Falls is located in the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio and only a short drive from Oakwood Cabins. Not far from Ash Cave, Cedar Falls offers park visitors easy access to waterfall photography. There was once a grist mill above the actual waterfall, but today the only remains are some indentations in the stone that can be seen while strolling across a modern bridge above the falls.
GPS Tracking: 39.417215,-82.525359
Conkle's Hollow is located in the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio and not far from Old Man's Cave. There are two hiking areas - one that traverses along the cliff edges and a second, handicap-accessible walkway running along the bottom of the hollow. Each has unique characteristics and offers views from completely different angles. The upper provides awesome panoramic views of the skyline and the lower offers a distinctly diverse array of rare rock formations, recess caves and waterfalls.
GPS Tracking: 39.452879,-82.572148
Cantwell Cliffs is located in the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio and is the farthest region from the main park. Rugged cliff faces, a rock shelter and unique fractures and crevices in the surrounding stone make this one of the park's most stunning places to walk. It is a wonderful place to find spring wildflowers and visiting birds.
GPS Tracking: 39.544724,-82.588305
Rock House is located in the Hocking Hills Region of Ohio and is one of the park's more remote areas to visit. At one time, a sixteen room hotel complete with ballroom and US Post Office could be found at Rock House. A recess cave at the park was also said to be a hideout for bootleggers and horse thieves.
GPS Tracking: 39.496623,-82.621307
Local Links of Interest
- Blue Valley Massage Deeply relaxing massage in your cabin. From hot chocolate mud wraps to salt glows, Blue Valley Massage offers energizing and healing treatments right in our cabins.
- Natural Remedies Massage Therapy. Enjoy an In-cabin massage!
- Lake Hope State Park-Just outside Zaleski, Ohio and only a short 10-15 minute drive from Oakwood Cabins. Visitors to the park can still see a part of the Hope Iron Furnace and stroll past the famous "haunted" Moonville Tunnel. There are over 17 miles of trails, a full-time naturalist program, and a mountain bike trail.
- Zipline tours in the Hocking Hills just outside Lancaster, Ohio.
- Meals made in your cabin. The Traveling Chef will make a gourmet meal for you in your cabin.
- Looking to go horseback riding? Try Equestrian Ridge, just a few miles from Oakwood Cabins.